I want to do in my life what I like to do and don’t let others decide what’s best for me. One of them is cooking and preparing meals. This soup I just made from the heart without a recipe from others. My children liked it very much (that’s a big compliment as a chef). So, I want this to share with you! It is a bowl of tomato soup.
- 2500 grams of tomatoes
- 2 glasses with cold water
- 2 large onions, red or white or a combination of 1 red and 1 white
- 4 to 6 sweet potatoes / sweet potatoes
- A small slice of ginger (2 mm thick, 2 cm wide)
- 3 to 4 large cloves of garlic
- 6 to 8 stems of fresh chives
- Pinch of crushed turmeric
- Pinch of crushed bay leaf
- Pinch of ground cayenne pepper
- Pinch of crushed card
- Pinch of crushed coriander
- Pinch of broken rosemary
- Pinch of peppermint
- Pinch of Italian herbs
- Pinch of ground parsley, fresh is also allowed
- Bottle of unseasoned Pomodoro
- Small tin of tomato paste
The herbs could be fresh if you wish.
- Put the water in a large deep pan and turn on the heat.
- Cut the onions, garlic and ginger into (very small) pieces and put it in the pan.
- Peel the sweet potatoes / sweet potatoes, wash them, cut them into pieces and put them in the pan.
- Cut the chives into small pieces and add them.
- Add the rest of the herbs and stir well.
- Let everything simmer on medium heat, it may boil a little.
- Meanwhile, cut the tomatoes into coarse pieces, put them in the pan and stir well.
- Then let everything simmer for 45 minutes on a low fire. Then simmer for 15 minutes on very high heat.
- Add the tomato paste and Pomodoro and stir well.
- Let it continue for another 10 minutes, and it should cook equally well.
Garlic and herb butter bread, baguette with various cheeses and spreads of your choice, Wasa Delicate Crackers Sea Salt (or the other variant or both) with various cheeses and spreads of your choice.
Fewer tomatoes and various vegetables of your choice.
Originally published at wonderlifeeveryday.wordpress.com on June 10, 2018.